Thursday, July 24, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Smoked Salmon Spread

Just making it under the wire! Whew! So I didn't make the first one of the month on time and this one I am just barely making. Next month I will be moving and the month after that I may or may not be moved in to a place yet so I my chances of making those are pretty slim. I just hope I don't get kicked out of the group!

I am not sure what I am doing with it now that I have it made... I'll probably bring it to work tomorrow. I didn't have any dill so obviously that's not in it. I bought horseradish just for this; I had just about everything else already, except the smoked salmon. I will have to give away the horseradish, along with whatever else is left in the fridge when I move.

I actually made it this morning but didn't get a chance to post anything then because I had no time. When I got to work my hands smelled fishy and still smelled fishy after I washed them 3 times, lathering each time for at least 30 seconds with soap, which didn't bode well for the spread. Fortunately the dip tastes pretty good. I may have gone a little heavy on the lemon juice and horseradish but oh well. I kind of want to add some mustard to it too
(maybe because I have 4 jars of different kinds all lined up in my fridge) but I decided to stick with the recipe.


Smoked Salmon Spread

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced


Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.

No comments: