Friday, July 25, 2008

Recipe IP

Read this exchange between a food blogger and Cooks Illustrated or whatever is their conglomeration is. And go and look at the comments. People are really going nuts with it. I originally saw the posting from Evil Chef Mom, which I check with some frequency because she is entertaining and ranty and she was amused by Pi Day!

I knew there were probably some rules about what you could use/borrow from people in terms of recipes but I have always figured that I never really follow recipes very well anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. Sometimes I have even forgotten where the original recipe is from but after all the things I forgot...errrr..... modifications I made I never really cared. Plus I don't exactly have a following the way some real food bloggers do. That and with my horrible permutations on what starts off as a good recipe, they probably don't want to be associated with the monstrocity that I create.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Though maybe I should make sure to at least put a link into all of my recipes so you can see where they come from... at least from now on...

No comments: