Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lemonade

I like my lemonade tart. I had lunch with some people from work and we got drinks with lunch. By drinks I mean iced tea and lemonade. Not anything more potent, we were in a training class.

I always have the sweet tea but I decided to mix it up a bit and try the lemonade. Sweet tea is one of the few southern things that has grown on me quite quickly. That and calling it a snow day if there are flurries.

Anyway, I had a sip of the lemonade when I decided to go back to sweet tea. It didn't have much of a kick to it at all. When I said that my coworkers they said they thought it was good. So I needed to bring some real lemonade in. This is how I like it. You can add more water if it's too strong for you.

It's got a kick like this. It's not the lemonade you gulp down by the gallon after you've been out in the sun. It's something you sip at and savor while sitting around relaxing and reading a book.





Lemonade

1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup boiling water
lots of ice

Stir together the sugar and water to dissolve. Cool down to room temperature and add the lemon juice. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve over a glass full of ice.

No comments: