Thursday, December 24, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

OK this is probably gonna seem weird but I actually liked the leftovers better than the stuffed mushrooms themselves. At first I made them and ate a few and they were decent. Decent enough to eat but not amazing enough to write home to mom about. I stuck the rest in the fridge, where they sat for several days.

At that point I didn't feel like reheating them and having them again. So I chopped them up. I added them to some sweated onions and olive oil, some spaghetti with a bit of pasta water and voila, a whole new dish! I am not entirely sure how this happened but it ended up tasting really creamy. I am thinking that's because of the pasta water emulsifying with some of the oil but so not intentional but it came out really good! Which is a good thing because I have about 6 meals worth of it left. At least I can put a few in the freezer and I can have them when I come back.

While I took pics, I am too lazy to find my card reader right now.


Here's the recipe for the mushrooms. Chosen by Michelle. Thanks for the tasty leftovers!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Very interesting. I think your new and improved idea sounds yummy! Just rewrite all of Ina Garten's recipes into something like this, and you will have your very own cookbook! (LOL)

-Rachel-
Rachel's Cottage House
http://rachelscottagehouse.wordpress.com

Coco said...

A great idea to use up the leftovers. We just ate them for breakfast while making bread for Christmas brunch:)