Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hey look!  It's another post!  This is no way guarantees future performance.  Apparently I've heard too many investment commercials.

So I guess I should provide some other updates as well.

Well.

So what do I have to update.

The year started out with a bang.  A bunch of changes going on in my life.  Really stressful start to the year at work.  A few weeks in, I was really disturbingly close to having a complete psychotic meltdown.  Some may say I wasn't just close, but I was way over that line.  Of course some would say I've never seen the right side of it.  But I'm better now.  Relatively speaking anyway.  I never claimed to be the picture of normal.

Anyway....

I am preparing to start seeds for spring.  That's all sorts of exciting.  Except that I am so indecisive  that I keep changing what I want to grow, where each plant goes, how I want to lay out the garden, etc.  You would think, considering I now have probably double the space I have had before, I would have plenty of space for everything.  But I keep adding more stuff I want to grow!  Well (theorhetically anyway) I will have more posts in the future about that.

Now... I will actually publish this without a picture because it'll never get posted if I wait until I dig up my camera, take the pictures, copy the pictures over, choose one, post it... Yes I realize in the amount of time I spent typing that out I could've done all that.

This is a pretty simple recipe.  A good way to get a nice sugar kick going.  Maybe a way to kick off my return to blogging.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
based off Alton Brown's fudge recipe.  Google it if you want that instead of my version.

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
8 oz butter
1 lb confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Coat an 8x8 pan with cooking spray or butter.  Heat peanut butter and butter in a pyrex bowl, covered, for 2 minutes in the microwave.  Stir.  Heat for another 2 minutes in the microwave.  Stir thoroughly.  Stir in confectioners sugar and vanilla until combined and mixture has a dull finish.  Stir in chocolate chips and let sit for a minute to allow them to soften.  Press mixture into the greased pan.  Chill until firm.  Cut into squares.

No comments: