Thursday, March 25, 2010

Barefoot Bloggers: Caesar Club Sandwich Wrap

The second recipe for this month was the Caesar Club Sandwich, chosen by Karen. If you want to see how the recipes are supposed to come out, you should go there. She's much better at this than me.

Apparently I wasn't in the mood to follow recipes this month so I adapted it pretty liberally. First off, I had a bottle of caesar salad dressing in the fridge collecting dust. There isn't really any dust in my fridge because it's a sealed vessel but you get the idea. I didn't want to make dressing when I had a bottle already in the fridge. I know, that's the whole point of the recipe but whatever.

I don't really have much bread around the house. Whenever I buy/make a loaf I end up throwing out most of it or putting it in the freezer, where it rarely gets pulled out and not being tossed in the trash. So I decided to make it a wrap.

I had some spring greens so that's what I used rather than arugula.

Let's see, what else. I am sure there were other things. Ah yes. bacon instead of pancetta because i had bacon in the freezer and I'm lazy. And I left out the sun dried tomatoes because... well since I was failing pretty badly I stopped checking the recipe and didn't notice them there.

I know, I know, I failed pretty bad at following this recipe but at least my wraps were pretty good.

1 comment:

Karen said...

At least you gave it a shot! Maybe when you have a little more determination you can try it the original way, it was really good.