Thursday, May 27, 2010

Barefoot Bloggers: Grilled Herb Shrimp

Another loosely followed recipe. Chosen by Penny.

A fairly simple recipe. Marinate the shrimp in some herbs, garlic and lemon juice. Cook it up.

I didn't actually used the specified herbs. I used random unidentified herbs from my garden. The only herbs that are doing really well in the garden so far is this random herb mix that I got. I don't actually know what most of the herbs are in it but most of them seem to look like lettuces and some parsley. I recognized that one.

I had mine over an herb salad. This actually would have been good with that risotto from earlier in the month. If I had thought ahead I would have had them together. Oh well.

I cooked them in a skillet rather than a grill pan. I hate cleaning a grill pan. It takes forever to get down into all the little grooves of a grill pan and I never seem to get it clean so I almost always opt for a skillet or griddle over the grill pan. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one. Maybe I need to cook a bunch of bacon on it to get a nice season on it. Maybe I'll just stick with the skillet.


PS I uploaded my pic of the spring risotto. Are you proud of me?

2 comments:

Penny said...

I actually cooked the risotto and shrimp at the same time and they were good together. Your shrimp look great. Thanks for cooking with me.

Todd M said...

Looks good on the salad. Thanks for the comment on the grill pan - I was thinking I wanted one but now I might change my mind.