Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sour Cherry Cheesecake Bars

I bought some sour cherries this weekend so then I had to figure out what to do with them. I had some cream cheese sitting the the fridge and a whole bunch of graham crackers that were supposed to be for smores but that didn't happen. And marshmallows but I forgot about those until it was too late.

Anyway, I ended up making sour cherry cheesecake bars. No real recipe but this is what I did.

Took 2 packs of graham crackers, 1/2 cup of sugar and a stick of melted butter. Crush up the graham crackers and mix with the sugar and melted butter. Press into 2 pans. I used a 9x9 and 9x13.

Mix 1 1/2 packs of cream cheese with sugar to taste, maybe 5 tablespoons?. Spread into a thin layer over the crust.

Pit a quart of sour cherries. Toss with a couple tablespoons of sugar and spread over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle some sugar over the top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until done.

Probably should have greased the pan first but oh well. And I probably should have made less crust and only did one pan so it was covered completely with the cream cheese and cherries. There are some gaps where the crust peeks through the cream cheese and the cherries form a layer but they definitely do not completely cover the cream cheese.

Not much of a recipe but they look tasty.

So now what do I do with the marshmallows?

No comments: