Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bagels

J sent me this article about what foods were worth making at home and what should be bought. One of the items that the said you should make is bagels.

I did something that was a combination of Smitten Kitchen's bagels and Alton Brown's pretzels.

69 g bagels are about the same size as Lenders bagels. I think it's a better size than the big New York style bagels. I know, I'm not a very good New Yorker. But the smaller bagels are a much better portion size. If you are one of those healthy types then having one bagel is a nice healthy size portion. If you are not, it means it's small enough you can have a couple with different flavors. Your choice how you want to look at it.





1 comment:

spike. said...

wow, those look amazing. I baked bagels at a bakery for 4 years and haven't tried making them at home since then. Maybe it's time!