Friday, May 30, 2008

Time to restock the fridge

They came and fixed my fridge yesterday. Apparently it has something to do with the sensor timer thing for the heater whatever. After the repair guy left I did a pretty serious lysol job on the fridge.

So now I have a mostly empty fridge. I have butter, mustard, soda, leftover spaghetti I made a few days ago and kept in the fridge at work and left over pasta salad that my boss brought in.

So what do I need and what do I want to make? Here are some of the things I am thinking about:
Eggs, always need eggs
Dairy - but what kind? That will depend on what I want to make, see other items
Molten cheesy bread

Ina Garten's Herbed baked eggs
Ina Garten's Parmesan Chicken
Ina Garten's Pasta, Pesto and Peas (I am thinking about joining the Barefoot Bloggers, I figure I'll try a few recipes, then see)
Corn and Ham cupcakes
Rice Flour Fritters (maybe add something in them, not sure what yet)
Cheese souffle

Hazelnut shortbread cookies (Dave Lieberman's recipe that I have made so many times because it is so good and easy)
Chocolate rolls (though I still have to find Dutch process cocoa or make a sub)
Baklava (not sure what recipe or if I am going to follow one)
Cardamom (or maybe another flavor?) pound cake
Afternoon chocolate cake
Some type of cookies

I will need to make a cake later for Wednesday and I want to make the buttercream again... it was so tasty last time and I have to figure out how to decorate it decent.

I should probably consider trying to use up what's in the freezer... I have puff pastry, a few things of ice cream, some turkey, cod fillets (that really aren't that good... not sure what I'm gonna do with them, maybe fish cakes?), lots of butter

I also have a bunch of rolls that are probably a bit stale by now.

So many choices.... What should I make?

1 comment:

krysta said...

make it all! but if i could only choose one thing... the afternoon chocolate cake would be it.