Saturday, March 14, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers: Chicken Piccata

This month I'm gonna actually get it right this time. This one was chosen by Lindsey of Noodle Nights and Muffin Mornings. She chose Chicken Piccata. Though you should really go to her blog and make the Toffee Squares that are making me drool. And send them to me. I haven't gotten a chance to make them yet but they look so good. Go make them and send them to me. Now.

So I'm a couple days late... so sue me. I had other stuff to do. Like make pies.

So I had a bit of a dilemma. I had already decided I was making the lobster mac 'n cheese and sesame chicken this past weekend. And that would be more than enough food for the week for me. But I had this recipe to make as well. So I ended up freezing portions of the mac 'n cheese and the sesame chicken so that I could make the Chicken Piccata as well. Fortunately this recipe was only for 2 chicken breasts so it wasn't too much.

I was hoping that it would be a sweet recipe when I decided on the other stuff that I was planning to make and of course I was too lazy to actually check what the recipe was. Or that at least one of the recipes from one of the groups would be a sweet recipe. But that didn't work out so well. I leave the BRC ones for later after I get the other ones done. If I have time/inclination.

Anyway, back to the chicken. Since I was making the sesame chicken and this, I got a couple lbs of chicken, pounded out 2 breasts and chunked up the rest. And this is why I should not handle sharp objects. I somehow managed to slice the back of my pinky. With a nice chickeny serrated knife. Don't ask how. I don't know. Not only that, but rather than stop, clean it up and bandage it, I decide to just rinse it off and keep going and deal with it later. Well I ended up rinsing it about 3 more times while chopping the rest of the chicken up. And then I didn't really bandage it or clean it out well. And now, a couple days later, it's all pink and infected.

Sometimes I wonder about you people. Apparently you have read this far. If you have read this far and are following all my random jumps in train of thought... well then you should really consider getting help. Because this is pretty incoherent. But that's your problem, not mine.

So now I had some pounded out chicken breasts. I stuck them in the fridge for a couple days. Rather than making them with the mac 'n cheese and sesame chicken I figured I'd have them ready to go later in the week when I wanted something else to mix things up. Then I could have them freshly made.

I don't do the whole wine thing so I was going to replace that with chicken stock. Then I noticed an open box of beef stock in the fridge so that's what I used instead.



I figured out how to make my card reader work. I just have to squeeze it and hold it in the slot. The use my other hand to copy them off the card reader so I can look at them and decide what to post.

Here's the recipe.

No comments: