Saturday, February 16, 2008

Banana Bread


This is my banana bread. Same one as I always make, pretty much though I haven't made it in ages. It's probably been a year or more since the last time I made it. I think my original recipe came from allrecipes but I don't remember. I only had 2 bananas so that's what I used. This is my recipe:


1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 bananas, very ripe so the peel is almost completely brown
1 egg
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cream the butter and sugar. I add the bananas at this point so that it mashes them rather than getting another bowl and mashing them first. Then add the egg. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together on a flexible cutting mat. Add the dry ingredients gradually to the mixer on slow speed until just combined. I also mixed in some walnuts, largely because I had them. Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for an hour. I guess you should grease the pan first but I always just line the pan with foil so it's easy to clean up.


AND.... I used my new stand mixer and it seems to be working alright. No squeak, no parts falling off....

No comments: