Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Travelling for work

So I have come to the conclusion that I should not visit customers with our sales guy. I think the last time I was going with him to another customer I went to the airport and was sitting at the gate before the forecast changed and where we were going was going to have blizzard conditions. They ended up getting a foot or so of snow that day and we had rescheduled for the next week.

This time we went to Cincinnati. We got out there fine and fortunately we ended up with a Toyota Highlander with a GPS so that part wasn't too bad. We didn't get to the hotel until after 9 and got dinner after that. I couldn't sleep for some reason that night. I played with my computer for some time and finally figured I should try to sleep. Woke up at about 3 or 4 with horrible stomach pains and then couldn't really get back to sleep. Finally got up at 6, showered went down for breakfast and all. The cars had a bit of snow on them. Not too bad except that it was real cold out so there was also ice forming on the road. Fortunately we got around OK. In the hour drive from our first meeting to the second there must have been 10 separate car accidents on the road. They were pretty nasty. Let's just say it was a good thing I was not driving because it would have been time to go to the airport by the time we got to the meeting. We flew back OK, only a half hour delay and a plane change, which isn't that bad considering the weather but the drive back from there was the worst part. The drive is normally a little under an hour but we left the airport at 9:30 and got to the plant around midnight. My coworker drove, thank god. She's got a Subaru and it did great on the roads. I think that may actually be the car I may want.... maybe. Well after we got to the plant she helped me clean off my car and we both went home. The drive that is normally 6-8 minutes took about 25. I never broke 20 on the drive home but I made it. Parking at my apartment sucked but that was expected. I meant to sleep in a bit like till 7 but I didn't realize I missed one of my alarm clocks that went off at 6:15 so after that I was awake although I didn't get out of bed until later. Still made it in to work a little after 8. But now I am tired.

1 comment:

King said...

The government should give you tax credits for negating the effects of global warming wherever you go.