Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cornbread Casserole

I have been wanting to make something though I couldn't decide what. I was kinda upset because I was really uninspired. It was sad. Then I saw this recipe and I figured I'd give it a shot. It came out very creamy and the top has a nice crust though it's a bit bland. In the future I'll add some salt, pepper and chili powder.

1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream style corn
1 can corn (I wasn't sure if I had to drain the corn or not; I partially drained it. You probably don't need to drain it)
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix or whatever it's called, you know you've got a couple boxes in the pantry

I mixed the eggs and the butter together first so that the butter wouldn't solidify when mixed with everything else that is cold. Then I mixed in everything except the cornbread mix so that it's pretty uniform. Mix the the box just until it's wet. Pour into the pan. I used an 8x10 pan but you can use whatever you've got. Bake at 350 until it is golden brown on top. It took about 50 minutes with my oven and my pan... you be the judge of what you need.

No comments: