Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Banana Bread

I've been needing to make some of my classics. This week I made my Banana Bread. This is another one of my basic recipes that I usually make every couple weeks or so. I didn't take this loaf to work because I figured I wanted to have something around for breakfast when my parents were here.

I started with this recipe on All Recipes. It's a good classic though I've made my few modifications like always. And I don't always have the same modifications. Depends on my mood and what's around the kitchen. Most of the times I do butter, not applesauce. Sometimes I add cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Sometimes walnuts, chocolate, other nuts or anything else I find around the house. Anyway, this recipe has always been good to me.


Banana Bread

1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix the applesauce and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Mix in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix it into the wet mix, just to moisten. Mix in the walnuts. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit before eating.

No comments: