Friday, November 7, 2008

A quick dinner of Baby Bok Choy and Ramen

One of the exciting things about moving here is there is an Asian grocery store about a block from my house. I went there last week. The only problem was I didn't really know what I had at home and what I wanted to make. I was driving by it so I decided to stop. I bought some baby bok choy and a couple sauces.

Well the other day I came home and was dead tired and starving. Tired won so I went to bed. I woke up at 1AM starving. I was half asleep and I saw the bok choy in the fridge. I took it out and put it on a cutting board so I could open up the bunches. Well in my half asleep stupor, I was holding the bok choy in my right hand and cut it with my left. That's when I realized the knife was on my finger, not the bok choy.

After I cleaned up my wonderfully cut finger I went back to my quest for food. At first was just going to cook up some of it. Then I figured that would not fill me so I'd end up making something else. I made some ramen and combined the two. Woohoo. A cheap relatively tasty and maybe not too bad (it's got a vegetable, it's not all carbs!) for you meal. And it took less than 10 mins to make!



Bok Choy and Ramen

4 heads of baby bok choy, chopped to remove the stem holding them together
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
a splash sesame oil
1 pack chicken flavored ramen (preferably with the seasoning packet and the oil packet)

Heat the baby bok choy in a sauce pan on medium.
Add a little water to help the bok choy wilt down.
Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar and oil.
Cook about 2 mins.
Add enough water so that it is deep enough to cook the ramen and bring to a boil.
Add the seasoning packets.
Add the ramen noodles.
Cook just until ramen noodles are done.
Eat.

No comments: