Sunday, November 23, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers BRC: Chocolate Orange Cake

J visited this weekend. We spent most of the weekend just hanging out and watching Gossip Girl. I am totally taking up their thing of just using the first letter of their name. It was one of those sick pleasures. Who needs to get dressed or leave the house. After she left I figured I should probably make some food for the next few days.

I attempted to make the Chocolate Orange Cake that was chosen this month as one of the Bonus Recipe Challenges. I know, I'm a few days late but that seems to be the trend with me. Now, I didn't have any small molds so I decided to make it in a 9" square pan and cut it up.

I used tangerine instead of orange since that's what I had. And I used applesauce instead of butter because I decided to pretend I was making something healthy. Overall it came out OK except that I undercooked it a bit and the piece that was in the middle wasn't all the way cooked but that became my chef's snack. The chocolate pieces also seemed to settle to the bottom of the cake but that's OK. I may retry this recipe again at some point.


No comments: