Monday, February 2, 2009

Honey Almond Shrimp

When I decided I wanted to make something Chinese-ish, I didn't have anything specific in mind. I started looking through my reader to see what other people made. A lot of them seemed difficult. A lot of ingredients I didn't have. There are a fair number of deep fried items. I thought about taking out my Fry Daddy but in the end I didn't do it.

These are definitely not authentic. But they looked good. I like sweet things. In case you didn't notice.









Honey Almond Shrimp
based off this recipe at RasaMalaysia

1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white
1/2 cup corn starch (for coating the prawn)
Oil for frying

Mix together mayo, honey and lemon juice.
Lightly toast the almonds.
Combine the shrimp with the egg white. Toss to coat. Add S&P.
Toss in cornstarch to coat.
Fry until shrimp are just cooked through.
Combine everything and toss to combine.
Serve with white rice.

No comments: