Friday, February 6, 2009

Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

So I might have made a bit of a mess at work. We were trying something and I might have melted the piece of equipment down. By that I mean I might have melted plastic in a piece of equipment that is not supposed to melt it so that it flowed into every crevice and then it solidified. Needless to say, it is not easy to clean up. And I might have done it twice. And I might have made the same 2 maintenance guys have to pry the thing apart and get it all out.

So they were a tad displeased with me. I figured I better make them something so they don't plot my horribly slow and painful death.

I didn't get home until almost 9 so I didn't have a lot of time as seeing how I go to bed at 10. I needed something quick that doesn't need to be chilled. And I certainly was not going out for a grocery run. I initially intended to make a double batch but I only had 1 cup of peanut butter. Fortunately that was the first thing I decided to measure so I was able to adjust everything else accordingly.

They took about 5 mins to prep, which included preheating the oven and rummaging through my pantry in search of a properly sized chocolate bar so I could just break off pieces.

I managed to bribe them. I'm safe for another day! And if my posts suddenly completely stop in the near future you know where to look.






Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
based on EZ Peanut Butter Cookies in Bakewise, by Shirley O Corriher

1 cup chunky peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
12 thin squares of dark chocolate

Mix together peanut butter, brown sugar and egg until uniform. Put half the dough into the bottom of 12 muffin cups, spread so that it covers the bottom. Press 1 piece of chocolate into the center of the cookie dough in each cup. Put the other half of the dough on top of the chocolate, making sure to cover the chocolate. Spread so the top is smooth. Bake at 350 until the edges start to brown and the cookies are cooked through, about 14 minutes. Allow to cool then use a knife to loosen the edges and turn out of pan.

No comments: