Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sesame Peanut Noodles


That picture doesn't look that great but it tastes better than it looks, I promise. And I realized I forgot to add the cucumber when I took the pic so I stirred them in later and redished it. Didn't take a pic because I used the same plate and it was all smudgy and gross. Not that that's stopped me from using a pic before.

This was another recipe that I had thought about for that chinese cooking binge I did a while ago but only made a couple of the recipes I had chosen. I'm not sure I even understand that sentence. Oh well. Your fault for reading it. And reading it again trying to make sense of it.

May want to double the sauce next time. There wasn't quite enough. And maybe use that wonderful chili sauce that I mentioned in my Sesame Chicken post instead of the red pepper flake.

This is definitely a serve at room temperature item. So when you keep it in the fridge, you want to let it sit on the counter for a bit or heat it up for a couple seconds in the microwave. I'm a fan of room temperature food.


Cold Sesame Peanut Noodles
based on this recipe from The Kitchn

1 lb rice noodles
1 cucumber, julienned
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted

Sauce:
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
red pepper flakes

Mix together all the sauce ingredients. Cook the noodles. Rinse in cold water to cool and remove the starch on the outside. Mix with cucumber. Pour the sauce over and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

No comments: