Monday, January 12, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers: Banana Sour Cream Pancakes

The first recipe for this month (that I missed the posting date on) was chosen by Karen of Something Sweet by Karen. She chose Banana Sour Cream Pancakes. They made a perfect Sunday morning brunch. They came out pretty good. Good enough for the batch to be gone by the end of the day.

My bananas were slightly underripe. Didn't get a chance to buy them early enough. Or rather I didn't realize what I was making until Friday so I bought them on Saturday. They probably could have been a little better if they had been ripe.

My batter didn't come out as thick as some other people say theirs did. Maybe I didn't measure the milk or sour cream very accurately. Measuring sour cream never seems to work all that well for me. I should use my Pampered Chef plunger measuring cups but I already had another measuring cup out and most of my measuring implements were in the dish washer from my cookie baking marathon the day before.

I can't say I could really taste the sour cream or lemon in them but that's OK. I added chocolate chips to some of them because I had some chocolate out and chocolate goes well with banana. Chocolate goes well with pretty much everything.

No pictures. I was lazy/hungry. Whichever you want to call it.

No comments: