Sunday, January 25, 2009

Potato Chip Cookies

I guess Christmas time is cookie time to the rest of the world. So while I refused to bake anything, everywhere I looked I saw cookie recipes. So I bookmarked lots of recipes for later use. This was one of them. I originally saw pics of them on Tastespotting and, well, they seemed different.

They came out pretty decent. Though I think they are a little prettier if you do the cookie press thing mentioned on Noble Pig. I had done them as slice and bake. They didn't look all that pretty. Didn't spread at all. That's OK. Other than that, they were good. The salt from the chips brings out the flavor without being salty



Potato Chip Cookies

2 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup crushed potato chips
2 cups flour

Cream the butter and sugar.
Add the vanilla.
Stir in the flour, walnuts and chips, just until combined.
Roll into a log.
Roll the log in granulated sugar.
Chill the dough.
Slice and bake.

No comments: